Cauliflower, perfectly roasted with sesame oil and teriyaki sauce, makes a the best sweet-savory street taco filling. Topped with crispy green cabbage, spicy Wasabi Cilantro Cream Sauce, and a bright and vibrant Pineapple Pico, and you’re taste buds won’t know what hit ’em, but they’ll be begging for more.
Check out the video below to see how I make these simple and delicious cauliflower street tacos, and then scroll down for the full recipe as well as links to the other incredible flavor variations.
- “BLT” Style Roasted Cauliflower Street Tacos
- Roasted Teriyaki Cauliflower Street Tacos with Pineapple Pico and Wasabi Cilantro Sauce
- Buffalo Ranch Cauliflower Street Tacos
Cauliflower, perfectly roasted with sesame oil and teriyaki sauce makes a perfect taco filling, is generously topped with crispy green cabbage, spicy Wasabi Cilantro Cream Sauce, and a bright and vibrant Pineapple Pico.
- Roasted Teriyaki Cauliflower (Instructions below)
- Pineapple Pico (Instructions below)
- Cilantro Wasabi Cream Sauce (Instructions below)
- Shredded green cabbage
- 8 small corn tortillas (GF)
- Avocado (optional)
- 1 pound cauliflower (about 1/2 large head), trimmed and divided
- 2 to 3 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- ½ cup prepared teriyaki sauce, or more to taste (use coconut aminos to make these gluten-free)
- 1 cup diced pineapple (4 canned rings)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 1/2 lime. juiced
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup plain soy yogurt (see notes)
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, packed
- 2 teaspoons wasabi powder
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Cut your cauliflower (florets, stems, and stalk) into small, bite-sized pieces, about 1/2 to 1 inch big. Rinse well, and dry thoroughly using a lettuce spinner if you have one. In a large bowl, toss the dry cauliflower with sesame oil.
Place oiled cauliflower on a lined baking sheet and bake at 425 for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, and return the cauliflower to the large bowl. Toss with ¼ to ½ teriyaki sauce. Return the teriyaki cauliflower to the lined baking sheet and roast for an additional 20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is lightly caramelized and deliciously tender.
- Dice the onion, pineapple, and jalapeno; finely chop the cilantro. Combine the ingredients and toss with lime juice and a pinch of salt. Set aside until ready to serve, or store in the refrigerator.
- In the cup of a personal blender, combine all of the sauce ingredients. Blend until smooth. Pour into a squeeze bottle, or cover with a lid, and refrigerate until ready to use. Note: The wasabi flavor will be a bit “off” at first, but after about 5 minutes, the flavors will mellow.
Heat tortillas on a griddle or in the microwave. Just before eating, fill each corn tortilla with cauliflower, top with avocado and shredded cabbage. Squeeze on a generous amount of Wasabi Cilantro Sauce, and top with Pineapple Pico. Serve immediately.
*When testing this recipe and when making it for the video, I used my homemade Instant Pot Soy Yogurt. The recipe can be found HERE
You could also use store-bought plain vegan yogurt, or just add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to 1/2 cup of soy milk and let it sit for 10 minutes. Use the thickened soy milk in place of the yogurt.