Cauliflower, perfectly roasted with sesame oil and teriyaki sauce, makes a the best sweet-savory street taco filling. Topped with crispy green cabbage, spicy Wasabi Cilantro Cream Sauce, and a bright and vibrant Pineapple Pico, and you’re taste buds won’t know what hit ’em, but they’ll be begging for more.
Check out the video below to see how I make these simple and delicious cauliflower street tacos, and then scroll down for the full recipe as well as links to the other incredible flavor variations.
- “BLT” Style Roasted Cauliflower Street Tacos
- Roasted Teriyaki Cauliflower Street Tacos with Pineapple Pico and Wasabi Cilantro Sauce
- Buffalo Ranch Cauliflower Street Tacos
Cauliflower, perfectly roasted with sesame oil and teriyaki sauce makes a perfect taco filling, is generously topped with crispy green cabbage, spicy Wasabi Cilantro Cream Sauce, and a bright and vibrant Pineapple Pico.
- Roasted Teriyaki Cauliflower (Instructions below)
- Pineapple Pico (Instructions below)
- Cilantro Wasabi Cream Sauce (Instructions below)
- Shredded green cabbage
- 8 small corn tortillas (GF)
- Avocado (optional)
- 1 pound cauliflower (about 1/2 large head), trimmed and divided
- 2 to 3 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- ½ cup prepared teriyaki sauce, or more to taste (use coconut aminos to make these gluten-free)
- 1 cup diced pineapple (4 canned rings)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 1/2 lime. juiced
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup plain soy yogurt (see notes)
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, packed
- 2 teaspoons wasabi powder
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Cut your cauliflower (florets, stems, and stalk) into small, bite-sized pieces, about 1/2 to 1 inch big. Rinse well, and dry thoroughly using a lettuce spinner if you have one. In a large bowl, toss the dry cauliflower with sesame oil.
Place oiled cauliflower on a lined baking sheet and bake at 425 for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, and return the cauliflower to the large bowl. Toss with ¼ to ½ teriyaki sauce. Return the teriyaki cauliflower to the lined baking sheet and roast for an additional 20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is lightly caramelized and deliciously tender.
Dice the onion, pineapple, and jalapeno; finely chop the cilantro. Combine the ingredients and toss with lime juice and a pinch of salt. Set aside until ready to serve, or store in the refrigerator.
In the cup of a personal blender, combine all of the sauce ingredients. Blend until smooth. Pour into a squeeze bottle, or cover with a lid, and refrigerate until ready to use. Note: The wasabi flavor will be a bit “off” at first, but after about 5 minutes, the flavors will mellow.
Heat tortillas on a griddle or in the microwave. Just before eating, fill each corn tortilla with cauliflower, top with avocado and shredded cabbage. Squeeze on a generous amount of Wasabi Cilantro Sauce, and top with Pineapple Pico. Serve immediately.
*When testing this recipe and when making it for the video, I used my homemade Instant Pot Soy Yogurt. The recipe can be found HERE
You could also use store-bought plain vegan yogurt, or just add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to 1/2 cup of soy milk and let it sit for 10 minutes. Use the thickened soy milk in place of the yogurt.