To pair with RW Garcia’s Organic Lentil with Turmeric crackers, I created this quick and easy vegan Sriracha-Coconut Cheese Spread. With just a few simple ingredients, and a spin in the food processor, you’re just minutes away from a rich, unctuous, and virtually guilt-free vegan cheese spread that’s perfect for snacking or serving at your next dinner party.
Watch the video below to see how I made each of the cheese spreads, and then scroll down for the full written recipe. While you’re here, check out the other super easy to make baked tofu cheese spreads I’ve created to pair with RW Garcia’s delicious organic, gluten-free crackers.
- Balsamic Caramelized Onion Baked Tofu Cheese Spread
- Sriracha-Coconut Baked Tofu Cheese Spread
- Smokey White Cheddar Baked Tofu Cheese Spread
A quick and easy cheesy spread made using a baked tofu base.
- 7 ounces (1 package) sriracha baked tofu
- 1/2 cup cashews or cashew pieces, soaked for 8 hours or overnight (quick soak OK)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (bottled is fine)
- 3 tablespoons coconut cream (only the cream part, not the liquid)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
Add all ingredients to a food processor. Pulse until all ingredients are about the same size. Scrape down the lid and sides. Continue to process until the consistency is creamy, and no longer clinging together in a large ball. Stop occasionally to scrape the sides, lid, and bottom.
Using a rubber scraper, transfer the cheese into ramekins, or a parchment lined spring-form mold.
If you use the mold, allow the cheese to chill in the refrigerator for about 8 hours before removing.
Serve chilled or room temperature with RW Garcia Organic Lentil & Turmeric Crackers.
*Note: If you cannot find baked tofu, you can use 7 ounces of super firm, high protein tofu and 1 to 2 teaspoons sriracha. Increase the salt to taste.