I started making this quick and easy pea soup about 15 years ago. It’s basically two easy-to-find ingredients, a bit of seasonings and a quick blitz in the blender. So easy, so fast, and so delicious.
- 16 ounces frozen peas
- 4 cups 1 quart vegan chicken or vegetable broth
- almond bacon recipe below
- Vegan sour cream or plain vegan yogurt
To a pot on medium heat, add the frozen peas and broth. Bring to simmer, and allow to cook just until the peas are warmed through.
Carefully transfer the hot mixture to a blender, and blend until creamy, being very cautious while blending hot liquid.
Serve warm or chilled, topped with almond bacon, almond parm, and cashew cream.
The most amazing vegan "bacon" bits you'll ever try.
- 2 tablespoons Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup raw sliced almonds
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
In a medium-sized bowl, stir together everything except the almonds. Once the mixture is combined, add the almonds, and stir until all of the almonds are coated.
- Spread the almonds onto a lined baking sheet in single layer, pouring any extra sauce over the top.
Bake at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring every 2 to 3 minutes, watching closely so that they don’t burn. When it seems like most of the sauce is dry and stuck to the almonds, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
This recipe for vegan Parm is more about the rations than it is the actual ingredients. Use any nut or seed of your choice in the same rations, and you’ll have a delicious plant-based Parm in no time.
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Pulse everything in a blender until it reaches a uniform sandy texture. Salt to taste.