For my first trick, I’m going to show you how I make vegan spicy teriyaki tofu bahn mi. I’ll take you step by step through pickling carrots and daikon to making your own mushroom and walnut paté.
Before going vegan, I was obsessed with this amped-up macaroni and cheese dish from a local restaurant. They call their dish “Sweet Home Alabama”, and it’s basically macaroni and cheese served with chunks of fried chicken and BBQ sauce on top. Keeping with their Lynyrd Skynyrd theme, but adding my own cruelty-free twist, I decided to call this piece of vegan heaven the “Free Bird”. Just think of all the chickens you’ll save by making this veganized version with carrot/potato cheese sauce and oven-fried tofu.
Looking for anything in particular?
Welcome to Monson Made This
Vegan Food for Everyone!
Hi! I’m Michael, and I’m obsessed with cooking vegan food and developing vegan recipes. I love reinventing my childhood (and even my adulthood) favorite foods into vegan works of edible art. I’ve been vegan for just over two years now, so join me on this journey of discovery in the plant-based world of incredible food. Click the YouTube link above to watch all of my videos, and don’t forget to follow me on Instagram.
- Vegan Hawaiian Plate Lunch for Two – Kalua Jackfruit, Mac Salad, and Tofu Musubi, and Instant Pot Rice
- Vegan Tofu “Belly” Flatbread Taco with Pickled Jicama and Cilantro Lime Cream Sauce
- Vegan Pineapple Fried Brown Rice (Leftover Brown Rice Recipe)
- Vegan Breakfast Brown Rice Pudding (Leftover Brown Rice Recipe)
- Vegan Sushi “Tacos” (Leftover Brown Rice Recipe)