Inspired by a recent trip to Starbucks, I decided to make a vegan, “slider” version of their croissant breakfast sandwiches.
I wanted to make an easy breakfast using easy-to-find store-bough ingredients like Pillsbury Crescent Roll dough, Field Roast breakfast links, and Follow Your Heart American cheese. Most of the items in this recipe can be found at your local supermarket, but even if you can’t find the exact products that I used, you can easily substitute in whatever vegan cheeses and breakfast meats are available in your area.
Check out the short video to see how I made them, and then scroll down for the full recipe.
A quick an easy breakfast dish make using easy-to-find store-bought ingredients.
- 1 tube vegan friendly crescent roll dough (8 crescents)
- 1 block (14 ounces) firm or extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste.
- vegan sausage or bacon of choice (I used field roast)
- 2 to 3 slices vegan cheese (I used Follow Your Heart American)
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Begin by opening up your crescent roll dough, and cutting the log into 14 to 16 discs. Make sure to have an even number so that your sliders have a top and bottom bun. Bake your crescent roll dics at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While your crescent discs cook, prepare your tofu by draining it and patting it dry with a towel. Cut your tofu in half, and then cut each half into 4 rectangles. Cut circles out of your tofu the size of the crescent discs, or simply cut the tofu rectangles in half so that you have squares of roughly the same size.
To a pan on medium heat, add a bit of oil. Lightly coat each piece of tofu with nutritional yeast, and then place them in the oiled pan. Cook the tofu for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Top the tofu with quarter slices of cheese.
Depending on the type of vegan breakfast meat you have selected, heat or cook it according to package directions. I used Field Roast breakfast links, and I simply cut them in half, and grilled them until warmed through.
- To assemble, place a sliced of grilled tofu on to half of the crescent discs. Top with vegan sausage, and then the remaining crescent discs. Serve warm.