I didn’t invent the zucchini noodle, or the avocado pesto, nor did I come up with the concept of eating a Vegan Keto diet, but I did put the three of those ideas together to create a quick and easy, fresh and creamy, satisfying, and Keto macro friendly dish that is sure to satisfy even the least Vegan of Ketos, and the least Keto of Vegans.
Just spiralize your zucchini, or vegetable noodle of choice, while you blend together a thick and healthy “pesto” of avocado, greens and a not so secret blend of herbs and spices. Toss right before serving for a 5-minute weeknight meal that’ll help you stick to your dietary goals, whatever they may be.
If you’re interested in checking out more of my Vegan Keto recipes, here are a few links.
- Bulletproof Cashew Matcha Latte
- Vegan Keto Doritos
- Avocado and Walnut Pesto with Zucchini Noodles
- My Week (and a half) on a Vegan Keto Diet – Blog Post
- 1 small, or 1/2 large avocado
- 45 grams fresh spinach or mixed greens
- 14 grams raw, shelled walnuts
- 1 tablespoon (5g) nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small to medium sized zucchini, spiralized
- Salt and pepper to taste
To a blender cup, or food processor, add the avocado, greens, walnuts, nutritional yeast, a pinch of salt, Bragg’s, olive oil and vinegar. Blend until creamy. Add water, a tablespoon at a time to get the mixture to a creamy consistency, without being too thin.
Pour your avocado pesto over the spiralized zucchini noodles. Toss. Top with sunflower seeds, or nut-based parm (not figured into macros or calories).
262 calories per serving (depending on size of avocado and zucchini). 21.4g Fat, 7.4g Net Carbs., 7.8g Protein.