Sometimes the craving for sushi hits, but the thought of going through all the hassle of cutting up vegetables, and rolling up multiple rolls isn’t quite as appetizing. These Sushi “Tacos” are a great way to satisfy your desire for that sushi flavor without all of the work. Just grate, mix, and toss, and you’re on your way to a healthy and satisfying Japanese inspired meal.
Check out the video below to see exactly how easy it is to make this dish, and then check out the other recipes that I’ve designed to help you stay healthy using leftover brown rice.
I’ve been obsessed with this super easy and delicious sushi style dish. Here you have all the flavors of your favorite sushi rolls in an easy to eat and take-to-lunch dish.
- 1 cup cooked jasmine brown rice
- ½ large avocado
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 cucumber, peeled and grated or diced
- 1 large carrot, grated or diced
- 2 sheets nori, cut into quarters
- 1 teaspoon furikake (optional)
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the rice, vinegar, and avocado. Add the cucumber and carrot, and stir. Cut your nori sheets into quarters.
Serve the nori squares alongside the rice and veggie mixture. Individuals can spoon about ⅓ cup of rice mixture into each nori square and then top with sriracha. The rice mixture can be made ahead, but I do not recommend assembling the “tacos” in advance.