On a chilly morning, nothing is more satisfying that a warm, comforting breakfast. Classic porridges with oats or grits can get old, so why not spice things up a bit with this delicious and hearty Breakfast Brown Rice Pudding. Using leftover brown rice, and a few pantry staples, makes this dish super easy to throw together before school or work, or save it as a weekend treat for a cozy breakfast in bed.
Check out the video below to see exactly how easy it is to make this dish, and then check out the other recipes that I’ve designed to help you stay healthy using leftover brown rice.
This creamy, lightly sweet rice pudding is a great way to use leftover brown rice to create an delicious and nutritious breakfast in minutes.
- 1 cup cooked jasmine brown rice
- 1 cup almond or soy milk
- 1 to 2 tablespoons real maple syrup (sweetness is subjective)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter or almond butter
- dried fruits or nuts to top
To a pot on medium heat, add your rice, milk, maple syrup, salt, and spices. When the mixture begins to simmer, turn to low, cover with a lid, and allow to cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. After 15 minutes, stir in the peanut butter, and allow to rest for about 5 minutes, with the lid on.
- Serve warm topped with dried fruits such as raisins or dried cranberries, or chopped nuts.