I have to give 100% of the credit for this recipe to Lauren Toyota at Hot for Food. Her vegan “crab” cake recipe was the first recipe I made when I went vegan. And fast forward to today: I’m still vegan! I have taken her original recipe and ran with it a bit; turning the artichoke heart “crab” cakes into delicious sliders that are perfect to serve to your carnivorous friends at your next get together. To balance out the brightness of the cakes, I have created a spicy maple-dijon sauce that turn these already profound cakes into disappearing party food.
This recipe utilized Hot For Food's artichoke heart "crab" cakes and turns them into delicious sliders.
- Vegan Crab Cakes (Hot For Food recipe)
- spicy maple-dijon sauce (recipe below)
- 8 Slider buns
- Shredded lettuce
- Sliced Roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons real maples syrup
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated horseradish
Vegan Crab Cakes by Hot For Food. For the full recipe, go here. Each batch makes 8 sliders.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl, and then let chill until you’re ready to serve.
- Lightly toast the slider buns. Place a small amount of sauce on the bottom of the bun. Add a crab cake. Top with about a tablespoon of sauces. Add shredded lettuce. Finish with the top bun. If you are making these ahead of time, you can leave the sauce off, and let guests put it on themselves.