When I’m tired and hungry and just want something comforting and healthy, I make this golden curry with tofu and vegetables. This is oil-free, and uses frozen vegetables to help make this already easy dish even easier.
Before going vegan, I was obsessed with this amped-up macaroni and cheese dish from a local restaurant. They call their dish “Sweet Home Alabama”, and it’s basically macaroni and cheese served with chunks of fried chicken and BBQ sauce on top. Keeping with their Lynyrd Skynyrd theme, but adding my own cruelty-free twist, I decided to call this piece of vegan heaven the “Free Bird”. Just think of all the chickens you’ll save by making this veganized version with carrot/potato cheese sauce and oven-fried tofu.
Looking for anything in particular?
Welcome to Monson Made This
Vegan Food for Everyone!
Hi! I’m Michael, and I’m obsessed with cooking vegan food and developing vegan recipes. I love reinventing my childhood (and even my adulthood) favorite foods into vegan works of edible art. I’ve been vegan for just over two years now, so join me on this journey of discovery in the plant-based world of incredible food. Click the YouTube link above to watch all of my videos, and don’t forget to follow me on Instagram.
- Pumpkin Spice Ramen with Spaghetti Squash Noodles and Char Siu Shiitakes
- The Best Way to Cook and Cut Spaghetti Squash (Whole Baked Spaghetti Squash)
- Vegan Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Spice Haul and Taste Test
- Vegan Thai Coconut Soup (Vegan Tom Ka Kai)
- Thai Style Vegan Garlic Noodles with Tofu (Gluten Free + Oil Free Option)